Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Kitchen Backsplash: The Beginning

Well, those of you who know me, know I have a kiln and do ceramics. I always thought it would be fun to paint tiles and install custom painted swimming pools. Picture swimming in a pool with sharks and cool fish painted all over the tiles. Don't tell me that wouldn't be wicked. I had a plan and everything. Obviously I'd measure, then figure out the tile pattern, then basically draw a grid over it and do the whole paint by number thing with a design I created. Sounds easy enough right?
Kitchen Backsplash after a few evenings of work.
Well, I've know decided, as friggn' sweet as that would be, it's crazy. Why you ask? Let me tell you. After our kitchen renovation, I said I would do a custom backsplash. I tackled it a bit differently going at it like a mosaic. I should note that I am painting, glazing, firing, smashing and gluing the tiles all myself. Not exactly a "simple" project, but it will be worth it. Stay tuned, but don't hold your breath for a custom pool any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment