Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year, New Ideas

Happy New Year everyone! It's 2013. Most people take this opportunity to make resolutions, a couple of years ago though, I decided to take a different approach to the new year. I like to pick something that I've considered difficult, unknown, scary or new to tackle each year. I know it seems sort of silly to need an entire year to complete what may be a simple task, but hey, this is my challenge so I invent the rules.
2010 started it as that is the year I turned 30 and I had always wanted a tattoo. Done. 2011, make a quilt. If you read this blog, you know that is Done (although quilt #2 is still in the works). 2012, really take the time and dedication to learn yoga. Done and still going. I knew this one would I would really like so I waited for the right time to start. I do believe this is something that will be with me forever.

Which brings us to today. January 1, 2013. What to do this year?

I bought a bunch of books the other day and have two more on the way. I read "Steal Like an Artist" in about an hour. All I can say is, I'm inspired. Talks about journaling. So that is on my to do list this year. Started "The Book of Awesome" all about really great things in life that make you smile. Read a great article in "Outside" called "Take Two Hours of Pine Forest and Call me in the Morning". Basically, it says GO OUTSIDE. Which is funny because that is what "Steal Like an Artist" kinda talks about too.
Skimming through two Yoga magazines and started reading "An Object of Beauty" which is really off to a great start (especially when I can hear Steve Martin narrating it in my head).


So what does all this mean? I feel like there is a common thread of Nature, Positivity and Creativity here but can't seam to connect the dots into a solid 2013 goal. I've already that decided that this will be a year of journalling and keeping track of ideas and inspiration. I may need a huge wall in my house somewhere, or the nice huge scrapbook Dad bought me for Christmas. For now I'll keep on this path, hopefully the positivity and nature will lead me to some great paintings. In the mean time, I'll keep my eyes and ears open for my 2013 goal (and keep reading).
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment